There might be fifty ways to leave your lover, but there are also at least three tips to keep in mind when you are thinking of leaving your job.
If you’re thinking about leaving your job, remember that how you quit can be just as important as where you go next. Here are three tips for gracefully making your departure:
1. Be Positive
- When you give the news to your boss, avoid ranting and raving.
- You may feel better but it won’t help your career.
- If you do have constructive feedback, schedule a separate meeting to discuss it.
2. Find your replacement
- Don’t leave your team or manager in the lurch.
- Do what you can to find someone qualified.
- Offer to stay on to help that person transition into the position
3. Keep in touch
- Don’t sever all ties with the company even if you had a bad experience.
- Former colleagues and managers may be assets to you in the future.
- Write a sweet good bye email to all your colleagues by mentioning your good experience and your contact details like phone number, personal email id, skype id, facebook/twitter/linkedin address.